by Will Phillips, the founder of REX Roundtables
Just when you’re getting your hands around millennial generation: how to sell to it; how to market to it; and how to work with millennial employees, here comes generation Z. Gen Z by David and Jonah Stillman looks at workers born between 1995 and 2012. That means the oldest are in their early 20s. You may even have some working for you right now!
Here is what the Stillmans say you need to know about them:
• Since birth, they have been living with the Internet
• Many got there 1st mobile phones and computers before they were 5 years old
• 91 percent say technical sophistication of the business would affect their decision on where they want to work
• They have a strong DIY approach to learnings. Often building skills on YouTube and Google resources
• Because of their FOMO (fear of missing out), they have a lot in the hopper all the time
• 75 percent of them surveyed say they would like a job which fills multiple roles at the same time
At 1st glance, it may mean that many of the policies, procedures, system and structures that you set up in your business will not be a good fit for generation Z.
Another note from the future.